Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Iris Folding Template

Here's the template for the iris folding card that has been all the rage in the Cricut forum.  My sister, P-Kay Sunshine, gave it to me and I'll ask her to enlighten us as to where she got it.  The template says Sheila Kay, but I couldn't find her in a google search, so wherever you are Sheila, THANKS!

I hope to make a video for this card in the next few days, just to explain the tricky beginning. If you can't wait until then, here's a few pointers:

  • When cutting out the shape, keep your exacto knife on the mat and turn the paper for a smoother and easier cut.
  • Start with the belt first.  It needs to be the layer closest to the front of the cutout.
  • Before moving to layer 4, complete the woman's back and hair.  It will save you a LOT of strife once you begin on the skirt.
Get file here:

Iris Folding Woman Template

ENJOY!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like she would be beautiful. Can't wait for the video.

    ReplyDelete